Friday, April 13, 2012

My Little Snuggle Bug


Today was another emotional day. Two of the babies left Haiti today with their adoptive parents. One of the boy babies, whom I have become very close to over the months here, was having such a hard time with the transition. The adoptive parent is a single mom and was really overwhelmed by all of this experience. He is not an easy baby to deal with already and then add on the stress of this huge transition, so it was a very hard day, hard week for her. My heart went out to her, but I could't help too much, because I had to keep distance with the child, in order for him to start bonding with his new adoptive mother. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life. I had to stand far away and watch him reach out his arms to me and crying and I couldn't go and comfort him physically. I just wish the two of them best of luck. I am going to miss my little snuggle bug. I have gotten use to rocking him to sleep most nights, kissing his boo boos when he got hurt, helping him through hard physical therapy sessions with a child walker to now being able to walk all by himself, singing to him whenever he got fussy, playing with him whenever he didn't want to sleep through the night, and most of all seeing his smile and hearing him yell out "Orly" when I am in sight. Thank you so much for bringing me so much joy over the last couple of months at the orphanage my little snuggle bug. Thank you so much for letting me be in your life when you needed someone to hold your hands to help you start walking. Thank you for the kisses and hugs when I've had a hard day. Thank you for showing me the pure happiness that comes from life's simple deeds. Thank you for always being there for one-on-one time. You will always hold a special place in my heart.


I love you so very much! Have a great life with your new Mommy! Be kind to each other! 
I shall see you again one day!




2 comments:

  1. Wish Snuggle Bug the best! Wish him happy in his new life with new mom.

    MOM+

    ReplyDelete