Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane

I have been super busy lately. There have been a lot of new matchings, meaning many children have been matched with adoptive families!!! It is super exciting, but a lot of paperwork follows that process. I have been hard at work getting all the adoption paperwork ready for each child's dossier. The executive director makes the matching choices and then I get ready all the matching information of the child to the prospective adoptive parents. These documents include the child's psychological evaluation, medical lab work results, an initial social history, and couple recent photos of the child. All the information are sent to each country's perspective adoption agencies and then the adoption agencies sends the information to the adoptive parents. The adoptive parents will review all the documents of their matched child and then decide if they would like to accept to adopt this child. A formal acceptance letter will be sent to us, here at FEJ, and the adoption process for the family and matched child will begin. Once again, it is a super exciting process, but long and tedious. Everyone needs a lot of patience throughout the adoption process because there are always curved balls thrown in. I feel so fortunate that I get to be actively in this process for each family and child. It is a pleasure to be able to be the communication line between the adoptive parents and their matched child(ren). So that's what I have been up to for the past couple of days.

Another exciting news is that one of the children left today with his adoptive family. He took his first plane ride ever this morning to go to the United States. It has been a long haul for the adoptive family and him. Months of waiting and prayers have finally been answered. I am going to miss the little guy very much!!! Last month, he told me that he was super excited to go on the airplane, but also scared at the same time. I did an airplane art project with him last month to help him prepare for the trip this month. I prepared some photos with him and his friends at Kenscoff for him to take with him on the plane. It is always good to have some transition objects for the child as they are leaving Haiti. When he misses Haiti and his friends back at the orphanage, he can look at the photos and be comforted. I wish him the best of luck and I know that he will just blossom with all the love his new family is going to give him. I am so happy for him and his new family!!!


Safe flight little buddy, hope to see you again one day!!!



1 comment:

  1. my daily prayer.....wish lori can help more children find their matching families to offer them a promising future.

    love mom+

    ReplyDelete