Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sick Day #1

So didn't eat dinner last night, because the cooks had forgotten to prepare my meal. It was a holiday, so I understand. So at around 8pm, one of the aunties brought me cereal and milk, and the last time I had a little bit of the milk that they put in the juices, I got sick immediately, so I wasn't going to push my luck this time. The milk that they have here is like canned milk, pretty much in between evaporated and condense milk. Not too great, so skipping out on that. So I decided to eat a fruit bar instead for dinner, since I was that hungry anyways. I usually take my anti-malaria medications every Monday night, so last night was no exception, except the fact that I was pretty much on an empty stomach. So after about an hour into taking the medication, my stomach was not happy. Oh boy...and I started to get nauseous. I didn't think too much of it because the anti-malaria medications always made me a little bit sick, but not this sick. I was up all night, sweating, because the electricity went out in the middle of the night, as usual, and super wanting to throw-up! So I didn't sleep at all and tried not to move too much either, since I was getting extreme motion sickness. This morning at around 8am, I took some Pepto chewables and it got slightly better for about an hour. I couldn't eat anything this morning, because just smelling food was making me want to vomit all over. I worked as much as I could this morning and since we had no internet, not much I could do. I went back to my room to take a nap and rest for the rest of the day. I finally ate a little bit of salad and some rice with bean sauce about an hour ago...I hope that stays down. Let's hope this gets better soon. It is not fun being sick in Haiti, let me tell ya! The heat does not help in any case! It just makes you feel worse than you already feel. I wouldn't be surprise if I came down with something, since all the babies and toddlers are sick with something or another. My whole body hurts....eh...let's hope I feel better soon....I really do need some good sleep tonight....

1 comment:

  1. oh, my poor baby, my heart goes with you. i pray you didn't get anything and recover soon. is there doctor or nurse can help? or any medical servce there?
    do you have any tzu chi cookies, rice or noodles that you can eat while you are sick and got nothing right to eat?
    have a nice sleep, my dear!

    love mom+

    ReplyDelete