Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Adoptive Parents and Belgium Solar Panal Society

Today Roberto and I went to the airport to pick up the adoptive parent. Like usual, trips from Kenscoff to Lamardelle are always packed full of adventures and plan Bs and plan Cs. So I got up at 4:30am and waited for Roberto to come. He was suppose to be there at 5:30am, but ended up actually getting there at 6:30am. The morning cold crisp air hit my face like a ice sheet, I was instantly wide awake than ever. The car was packed full of aunties, a child, Sarah, Roberto, me, and tons of bags. We dropped everyone off at their appropriate locations and then headed to Delmas 41. I waited on the roof for about 3 hours before Roberto came back to take us to the airport. The adoptive parent's plane gets in at 11am, but they didn't end up getting out until close to 1pm. It was a long wait in the sun, I was starting to feel a little bit of a heat stroke coming on, since we didn't have that much water. Everything turned out alright and we got everyone, all four family members and their luggage. We all headed over to Lamardelle. This was the family's second time in Haiti visiting their two adoptive children, but it will be their first time in Lamardelle, since the last time they were in Kenscoff. When we finally got to the Lamardelle at around 3pm, I showed the parents around the place and handed their adoptive children over to them. The children were ecstatic to see them and still remembered they are Papa and Mama. It was a very happy occasion. 

I stayed with the parents and was able to play with the children and answer any questions the parents had. At around 5:30pm, we headed over to Manmies to have dinner there. It turns out that the adoptive parents weren't the only visitors that were here, there are actually six other visitors that are here to install the solar panals for the school, manmie's house, and the community clinic. How awesome is that? It is finally coming together. Those solar panals have been sitting there for months without anyone doing anything to them. It turns out it is a society that is from Belgium that donated the Solar Panals and now individuals from the society, which consists of 4 Belgiums, 1 French, and 1 Brazilian, are here to install them. I got to meet everyone at the dinner and help translate for everyone with French, Creole, and English. It was awesome food and it was definitely good to be back in the heat. I made sure the parents were all settled in their rooms and went back to the creche after dinner at around 7:30pm. 


I took a much needed shower and made sure to get all the adolescents to bed by 9pm. 

I kissed all the children good night and got back to my room. It's time to crash....it has been a long day! 


1 comment:

  1. hope those solar panal will bring enough power to the orphanage so everyone will have hot water everyday. have a sound sleep, my dear!

    love mom+

    ReplyDelete