Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tearful Goodbye

I got to Kenscoff yesterday afternoon and was happily greeted by an adoptive parent and adoptive grandmother. They were finally bringing their baby girl home this week. I was so excited to meet them and was so grateful that I could say goodbye to the little one. When she saw me, which was in the dark with a flash light, since we did not have any electricity, she immediately reached out her hand for me to hold her. She recognized my voice in the dark, how amazing! I held her little body and started to have a Creole conversation with her. The adoptive mother had placed a head lamp on her little head and it was the cutest thing ever! We talked and play a little before we all headed up to Lucien's house for dinner. She was so tired, but was a trooper. We played and played and it was just amazing how verbal she was with everyone. She sat in my lap for most of the time and we sang and danced the night away. I am going to miss that little girl so much! I am very happy that she is going to such a loving and caring family!

This morning at 5:30am, I heard a knock at my door. I opened the door and there was the adoptive mother and the little girl in her arms. She reached out her arms to me and gave me the biggest hug ever. I told her that she was going to be a good little girl and go on the airplane with mommy. She looked at me and smiled and said "L'avion. (airplane). Mama. Au revoir Haiti. (Goodbye Haiti)."

She gave me a kiss and waved her little hands while saying "Au revoir Orly. (Goodbye Lori)" I couldn't help but tear up. She is a really special one!


Have a safe trip little one! I'll see you again one day! 



1 comment:

  1. you change the little one's life by helping her find a loving and caring family to adopt her.

    ReplyDelete