Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tzu Chi Media Crew Documentary

Today the Tzu Chi crew came to the Lamardelle orphanage to visit me! The camera crew came as well, because they are actually going to document what I do at the orphanage! They will be filming everything I do and also the children and staff. I was super stoked that I get to share what I do here in Haiti with everyone all over the world. This documentary will also shine a light into international adoption work and also what orphanages really need in Haiti. I am so grateful for the Tzu Chi Media Crew in dedicating themselves to this project. The Haitian Tzu Chi team also came to teach the cooking staff at the FEJ School and orphanages how to harvest Moringa plants and also to prep it to cook. It was a super productive day filled with adventures. I answered many questions and I also set up an interview time with the foundation's president Manmie Duncan and foundation director Lucien Duncan. Everything went really well and everyone got what they wanted in the end! I was very happy that I could show them just a little bit of what I do everyday and to tell the children's stories! I hope that people will get a better understanding of what Haiti is all about and that at the end of the day, it is all about the child's well-being!

Many people judge orphanages by how nice the building looks, but at the end of the day, every child still needs to eat and still need clean water to drink. No matter how beautiful it looks on the outside, on the inside, every child is going through the same basic needs. We all have a duty to protect them, to love them, and to do our best to provide for them! 

So the next time that you think about donating candy or something that YOU think the children might like, please ask me or who ever is in charge at the orphanage you want to donate to directly, because many times, it will surprise you what they really need as a donation! You and I together can find all the solutions to the problems! 

Let's keep working for the children, because they are worth it! 

1 comment:

  1. Do you know when this documentary will be on TV?

    Mom with love+

    ReplyDelete